Saturday 8 February 2014

Sweet Deer Chiffon - Buychina Review

I’m sorry for the quality of the photos I only have my phone for a camera and so I use instagram as a shortcut to edit them. Also this was an order and review I did back in early May 2013 before I had this blog. This is not a sponsored review 



This was my first time using Buychina. I wanted to see how reliable it was so I’d have some knowledge if I ever wanted to buy something from there again. I restricted myself going for a simple (and cheap) dress, so if my order became a bust I was only losing a little bit of money.

Price/Payment: $7.23
My worry with Buychina is it does not yet accept paypal. I feel safe with paypal and I don’t like giving my card details over the internet. However despite the discomfort of having to do that nothing went wrong there.

Processing/Shipping: $5.23
Processing took a loooooong time. It took at least 2 weeks for them to actually mark my order as posted. However, in that time I did send them emails asking about my order and they were quick to respond.

It turned out, unfortunately for my dress, even though I had bought a pink version of the dress, in the processing time they had sold out of that color. They offered me a navy one instead, which I happily accepted (luckily navy probably suits me better), or a full refund.
The fact this happened worries me though. If I had not contacted them would they have told me they had sold out? Would they have refunded me? I would warn everyone to always contact the seller during the processing time if it exceeds a week. Once it had been shipped it took only maybe 2 weeks to get to me.


The Dress: 
It’s make and material is nothing special but I was not expecting it to be. I got exactly what I paid for and despite its simplicity I really like it. It fits just fine, accurate to its measurements, the style is sweet and it is a decent quality make. The print is vintage inspired and cute.

Overall: 
I really like the item, it was worth the price. Although I still find Buychina a little shifty, and my order took a bit long to ship, I probably wouldn’t hesitate buying from them again. Even with my concerns mentioned above about the reliability of that seller, it might have just been a one off hiccup and they might have contacted me eventually. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment