Tuesday 25 February 2014

LSP Sweater Review - Sangeo Shop Etsy

I’m sorry for the quality of the photos I only have my phone for a camera and so I use instagram as a shortcut to edit them. Also this was an order and review I did back in early July 2013 before I had this blog. 
This is not a sponsored review 



Bought HERE (etsy)
Also available HERE (storenvy)

Please read before you buy ^.^

Price: $27 USD
 For a custom sweater that’s pretty dang decent. I also used a discount code that was going at the time to get 10% off and the AUD was trading better than the USD at the time so I got it even cheaper.

Shipping:
$20 USD, Shipping from the US kills me. WHY SO EXPENSIVE?! Still, I guess I have paid more for shipping from the US before. It was shipped International First Class UPS. It arrived 3 weeks after being dispatched from San Diego and I got a cute little thank you message on her business card.

Item:
Lumpin’ awesome! The sweater is so warm and comfy, the inside is really soft. I love the little Sangeo tag. The face is painted onto the sweater while the star is sown on fuzzy fabric.

Problems Encountered/Experience:
I have to say the communication was pretty poor. Initially, the first message I sent was replied to within a day, regarding my size. After that I lost contact with her, I sent her another question which received no answer, and the etsy store went down. Though I believe it may be that I bought at a bad time in the shop owners life, which I completely understand and forgive. I tried contacting her in this period because my orders status had not been updated as shipped after a week as it was supposed to. A few days later her etsy page was working again a day after she contacted me apologising for the loss of communication and directed me to an update on her tumblr page. After being paid for on the 5th of May, it was shipped on the 21st.

I contacted her two weeks later again as my order hadn’t arrived and I was concerned. Her etsy was down again, this time for being on vacation and she is still currently on this vacation to catch up with orders and because she is busy with study. My message had an automated reply telling me she would get back to me once her vacation was over. She also received her first negative feedback from a different customer on etsy. I also emailed her then which again got no response. After a few more days of no reply, I decided to open a dispute on paypal as my ‘45 day safe period’ was coming to an end and I wanted to make sure I was covered in case my item never arrived. My dispute emails also received no answer. I would like to point out I was never abusive or aggressive in these messages. I decided to give it another week before escalating to a claim. I’m glad I didn’t escalate it because it arrived! I closed the dispute, sent her a message on etsy apologising for seeming impatient and hasty and another email through paypal. I left her positive feedback too on etsy.

Overall:
The item is wonderful and gorgeous, I love it. Sangeoshop seems to take a lot of pride in their creations. However the lack of communication made the experience stressful. It seems her business has not yet recovered from things in her personal life which are keeping her busy. Her shop has received another piece of negative feedback from another seller who has not yet got their item.

I do not think she is a dishonest seller, I just don’t think this is a good time for her business so I would advise others to be careful. However I really hope she gets back on track soon as I think she has an awesome store and is really creative with her designs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment